Intern Medical Physicist x2
The intern position offers bursaries to BSc Medical Physics graduates for the 12 months of internship whilst placed in the Academic Hospital of registration. During the internship the student may be required to attend specific training events within an Icon Oncology practice in their region. Upon graduation, the intern will be obliged to work a minimum of 12 months in a unit specified by Icon Oncology in terms of the bursary conditions.
• B.Sc-Hons degree
• Registration for internship with a South African Academic Hospital
• Computer literacy with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Fully Bilingual
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Must be able to work systematically and accurately under pressure
• Must be able to work outside normal working hours when required
• Own reliable transportation required for compulsary travel
• Submit all HPCSA required documentation for registration as an independent Medical Physicist
• Input and advice with respect to radiotherapy treatment planning
• Equipment QC
• Isotope handling and management
• High dose rate brachytherapy afterloader services
• Patient specific QA
• Radiation Protection Officer duties
• Involvement in Continuous Professional Development programmes
This position resides under Dr SJ Fourie & Partners Inc., an entity under which Icon Oncology’s clinical staff are being contractually employed.
Interested parties are invited to send their applications via: Careers24/ email@example.com. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date of this position.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy.